Monday, June 16, 2008

Holy Crap I Had A Baby!

37 Weeks...Right before delivery.

This is during a contraction because she is pushing her butt up.


Me and Tristyn.


So beautiful. My little nugget.


Exploring the world.

Yes...I did it!
I had a baby girl!

Tristyn Grace was born on June 10, 2008 at 10:08 p.m.
She was 6 lbs. 1 oz. and 19 inches long.
She is AWESOME.
I love her sooooo much!

Now...relating this entire experience to gastric bypass.
I have to say that I don't think I could have ever done this at 286.7 lbs.
Never.
I am so glad that I lost the weight first and then accomplished this amazing adventure.
Keeping a close eye on my diet and vitamins was easy.
Eating was up and down throughout the pregnancy, but I worked it out.
Vitamins...piece of cake.
And...I think those vitamins helped me stay healthy in the winter.

My weight.
During the first two months of pregnancy I lost 10 lbs. right off the bat.
So, I started at 170 at conception and then dropped to 160.
I didn't get to weigh myself on the day I had her.
I know...duh!!!
But I did go to the doctor the day before and I was 188.
Not too bad eh?
Yesterday I weighed myself after having Tristyn.
I am 167.4.
Today in the shower...I could see my toes again.
I know...I am a totally lucky woman
And I'm sure I will get tons of comments on this weight thing.

Pushing.
I have to say Tristyn came very fast.
I checked into the hospital at 7:30 and she was out at 10:08 p.m.
I went from 5cm to 9cm in like a half hour.
There wasn't time to get an epidural.
All I wanted to do wash push.
When the doctor said go ahead...I gave it a whirl.
Wow...was I doing it WRONG that first try.
I could feel my little hernia on the left side and I stopped immediatly.
Then my friend Sarah's advice rang through my head...
"Just push like you're taking the biggest crap of your life!"
So that's what I did!
Three contractions later and she was in my arms!

All in all my pregnancy seemed very short.
For the most part it was very smooth.
No complications at all.
Exercise and never stopping helped me in the end.
I would love to have another...we'll see.
That's another chapter waiting to be written.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Congrats! She is adorable. I've been checking in daily to see if you had her yet! Glad everything went smooth. Good job with the diet during too! You're already down to almost where you were on that picture you have posted at the top! Good luck and keep posting!

SignGurl said...

Awesome!

BeautyLocs40 said...

Hi Carrie--

I spent the last two days reading your entire blog. I'm planning on having gastric bypass surgery early next year. Your site was informative and incredible. What a journey!

Thanks for sharing. You're a hoot and seem like a wonderful person. I wish you and your family all the best.

Bridgett
Detroit

BeautyLocs40 said...

Hi Carrie--

I spent the last two days reading your entire blog. I'm planning on having gastric bypass surgery early next year. Your site was informative and incredible. What a journey!

Thanks for sharing. You're a hoot and seem like a wonderful person. I wish you and your family all the best.

Bridgett
Detroit