Friday, March 03, 2006

Beyond the Fluffiness

16 Days left until the big day.
March 20th is my surgery and I am highly excited.
I went to have all of my pre-op tests done on Wednesday after school.
Chest X-ray looked good.
EKG was wonderful.
I don't know the results of the blood test and the tinkle test, but I'm sure they were fine.
Next Friday I have to go up to the University of Illinois Chicago for the pre-op appointment.
I will meet with the guy who knocks me out (can't spell the actual title of his job!) and the dietician.
That should be fun...telling me that I can't eat anything after the 20th!

It's ok...I'm ready.
I've been ready for about two years now when I started this journey.
I want to be healthy and I need a jump start.
Dr. Vitello and my family doctor think that I am a prime candidate for this surgery.
I'm young, I'm basically healthy, and I have a lot of life left to live.

Being fluffy bothered me in those awkward middle school days, but I got over it.
Yes, I always wished I could wear the cool clothes like all the skinny girls.
Shopping in the plus size section in high school was not very cool.
Moving on the soccer field and softball field might have been easier.
But as I got older...losing weight was not really as much about the looks as it is about the health.
I want to have a baby! I want to run around with my kids!
I don't want to die early of heart disease.
I have someone who loves me for who I am and looked beyond the fluffiness.
I'm not doing this to impress anyone.
I'm doing it for my well being.
Oh...and so that I can look good in a maid of honor dress for my sister's wedding. Ha ha!

Until the 19th, I will be eating pizza and steak and more steak.
Just kidding.
Next Friday, after the pre-op appointment, I'll post my numbers and some pictures.
Yes...brave of me to announce the weight to everyone.
But I think it will be cool to watch and keep tabs on.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Jeulean said...

Wad,

I have been reading your blog for a long time now. I will be checking in to see how you are doing. Good luck...you will do great.

Jeulean

for_the_lonely said...

Wishing you all the best! I am so happy for you! And hey, might as well eat a little pizza...I know I would.